Thursday, April 30, 2009

So-So Sew Day

Hello!

So I'm getting ready for my booth at the St. Charles Farmer's Market and there is a ton to do! I have burp cloths coming out of my ears... well, at least I wish that I did. I have purchased most of the fabric I need to make them, laundered it, ironed it and cut it, but I haven't had the time yet to sit down at sew it. Mainly because I have been getting ready for the retreat, and also because I had some problems with some of the fabric I had purchased.

Here is a picture of some of the fabric before I ironed it...

And then after it was ironed and cut...


I can't wait to get crack-a-lackin' on sewing it! Oh! And today I picked up some non-sheer quilter's cotton that is kelly green with white polka dots, love it! I am going to use it to make a nursing cover for myself. While I was at the fabric store I also picked up a pack of d-rings for the strap that goes around your neck, as well as some belting, which will do the trick for the top part of the cover. You'll see how it all pans out when I'm done with it.

The St. Charles Farmer's Market starts in two weeks, so I'll be quite the busy bee until then... but that's okay, I love it! Here's the details on it... the market runs from May 15th through October 31st, opening at 6 a.m. (that is going to be painful) and closing at noon. I hope everyone can make it out to it! If you need directions or more info, be sure to ask!

At my booth (I haven't come up with a punny name yet) I will have burp cloths, nursing covers (duh), baby blankets, aprons for children and adults, and novelty onesies. We will also have an amazing selection of thank you notes, note cards, and gift tags from Paper Chic, Adorabows (get it adorable bows) that are the cutest things every little girl should have, and Grandma's Magical Green Goop, which is the best remedy for booty rash or any rash for that matter, and is oh-so gentle on baby's oh-so sensitive skin - plus, it's all natural!

Anybody else have suggestions for anything else we should carry?

BTW, I love comments!

Love,
Mama Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment